Who would have thought that a common fashion accessory could pose such a danger to young children? In the case of the daughter of the friend of this woman from Glasgow, Scotland, it is claimed that it was even fatal. The woman, who is unidentified, made a post on social media talking about a friend whose 14-week-old daughter passed away in a freak accident.
The culprit of this accident? A headband with a big bow on it. It is likely that you have seen these cute accessories before, as they’ve become a popular choice for parents to give to their young children.




headband danger
Image Credit: N/A

Apparently, this daughter of this social media user’s friend had been walking around with her daughter in a carry cot, and the baby had been wearing one of these headband bows. Apparently, the headband became dislodged and fell off of the baby’s head, slipping over her mouth and nose.


headband danger
Image Credit: N/A

The mother thought her child’s quiet was due to tiredness from the walk, but when she looked over to check, she was no longer breathing. Tragically, doctors said that she passed away due to suffocation asphyxiation.


headband danger
Image Credit: N/A

It’s worth noting that shortly after the post went viral, it was deleted, and that no police have confirmed that this even happened.

headband danger
Image Credit: Facebook

As such, there is no way to tell if this post described a real situation or had been entirely made up.

H/T:relayhero.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment