Doctors Were Clueless About This Young Man’s Sickness, Until They Found This Living Under His Skin

5:03:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Youtube

After a family trip to Belize, a young man began to develop a 102 degree fever that lasted for two weeks. He also noticed that he had three small “infections” on his left elbow. After stumping three different doctors, he was beginning to lose hope.
However, he then spoke with a family friend who had spent a significant amount of time in Central America. His friend was able to diagnose the problem immediately.
The young man had three bot fly larvae growing inside of him.
From Wikipedia: The Oestridae are a family of flies variously known as bot flies, warble flies, heel flies, gadflies, and similar names. Their larvae are internal parasites of mammals, some species growing in the host’s flesh and others within the gut. The human botfly, Dermatobia hominis, is the only species of bot fly known to parasitize humans routinely, though other species of fly do cause myiasis in humans.
If you or one of your friends ever get a bot fly infection, do not try to remove it yourself. Squeezing the infection can rupture the fly’s body, and its bodily fluids are known to cause anaphylactic shock.
What would you do if you found a botfly larvae living under your skin? Leave a comment below!

[H/T:awm.com]